You can now buy great value single, return, Duo and weekly Northern only tickets on selected routes and enjoy a great savings compared to the price of other tickets.
Why buy these tickets?
Choose to travel with Northern and enjoy all these benefits:
- Savings on the price of current fares
- Travel at anytime of the day, including weekends
- Cheaper commute with a Northern only weekly season ticket*
- Save money on tickets when two travel together with a Duo ticket*
*selected routes only.
Northern only tickets are available to and from the stations listed below. Please note that selected Northern only ticket types are available on these routes.
- Doncaster – Leeds
- Doncaster – Wakefield Westgate
- Huddersfield – Manchester stations
- Huddersfield – Stalybridge
- Liverpool Lime Street – Liverpool City Region Stations
- Liverpool Lime Street – Manchester stations
- Scunthorpe – Meadowhall / Sheffield
- Selby – Leeds
- Southport – Leeds
- St Helens Junction – Manchester stations
- Stoke-on-Trent – Manchester stations
- Stoke-on-Trent – Stockport
- York – Bradford
- York – Ilkley / Keighley
- York – Leeds
- From station ticket offices: You can buy the full range of Northern only tickets from staffed ticket offices. Our ticket offices will accept all major credit/debit cards, cash, National Rail vouchers and rail warrants.
- From Ticket Vending Machines (TVMs) at participating stations: The TVMs sell the range of Northern only tickets for immediate use and accept most credit/debit cards. Check individual ticket restrictions when purchasing your ticket to be sure that it is valid for your journey.
- Online: Simply enter your journey details into the 'Train tickets and times' search engine on the right of this page to find Northern only fares. You can receive your tickets by First Class post (please allow seven days for delivery); or collect your pre-paid tickets from ticket vending machines (TVMs) at participating stations.
- Northern app: You can buy your ticket on your smartphone anytime, anywhere with the free Northern mobile app. Buy tickets securely on our app and collect your tickets within 15 minutes from ticket machines at more than 1,000 stations, or if you’ve selected the new m-tickets delivery option*, just show your smart phone to the conductor on the train.* Selected ticket types and routes only.
- On train: The full range of Northern only tickets will be available to buy from the conductor aboard our trains if no ticket office or TVM is provided at your station.
- Contact us: If you're having any trouble booking tickets visit our contact us page for further details on how to get in touch - our trained staff can always find the best ticket for you.